| Monday, June 18
Ok, so i'm the midst of a huge dilemma. In the course of the next few days i must decide my future. Basically, my lease for my apartment is up in August but we have to tell them by this Thursday whether we intend to re-sign or not. They jacked up the prices $700 and with Hong moving out, that means me and Lynn will be each paying about $1300 a month. That's pretty hefty. So dilemma one is whether or not we should move into the city in search of a better (cheaper) place to live.
But the big dilemma is whether or not i'll even be here come August. I'm trying to finish school ASAP and i have about 24 credits left. After six credits done this summer, i'll have 18 left to do. I could do that all in Michigan in one grueling semester (although 18 is alot of work) and be done with it but that would entail Michigan's gargantuan tuition. If i stay at Baruch however, i would probably take longer since most of their classes are only 3 credits and that would leave me a few short, extending my degree completion for another semester. Basically, its coming down to whether i stay in New York or if i go to Michigan.
If i go to Michigan, chances are i'm done with New York because i can't envision myself ever being financial self-sufficient in the city. So that means after Michigan, i'm off to California. But New York hypothetically has better job opportunities for now while i take school. Michigan has more fun and more resources (as far as computer stuff) but is also more of a risk. Academically speaking, Michigan is suddenly the choice for finishing fastest but that could also come with caveats as in (a) if i don't get accepted for the upcoming semester or (b) i fall short of the 18 credits. Money wise, the rent i'm paying in New York will come close to offsetting the tuition bill, so that isn't a big concern.
As Katy told me, this issue might boil down to where i want to be in six months, California or New York. Of course i can come back to New York after Michigan but i don't know if i would do that. All this also would leave Lynn in a roommate/apartment lurch at a very late date. I have numerous stupid reasons for going/staying but i'm too embarassed to document them here. So what will i decide? I suddenly have to sacrifice one or the other. Michigan equals college again but New York is convenient and people are finally out here. AH! Life decisions involving sacrifice! I can't do that!